Monday, September 6, 2010

A Reflection

Today marks the official one week anniversary of my first week starting college. I couldn't think of anything to write about for this post, so I figured I'd just write about how I even came to this certain point in my life.
BYU has not always been my "dream school". Actually, I had not seriously started considering it until my senior year of high school. As with all things, I had to pray and keep looking at the pros and cons. As I continued my study of BYU, I noticed 3 things:
1 - No one was unhappy with their choice to attend BYU
2 - A spiritual presence was a driving force in the education
3 - Creamery ice cream is delicious.
So, considering all those things and the campus tour sealed my fate. I ended up only applying to BYU & BYU-Hawaii.
Now onto my choice of major. Mathematics & Math Ed. I've always toyed with the idea of becoming a teacher. Along with dermatology, psychology, and engineer. But I found that I truly enjoyed teaching others. Why math? Why follow a common Asian stereotype? I just like math.
The story of how I chose my minor is somewhat interesting. I started taking computer science courses because 1) they could get rid of 2 necessary credits with only one class in high school. 2) it pertained to a psychology major I was interested in during the time. I actually grew to really enjoy the classes.
So with a major in Math and minor in Computer Science, I'll basically be living in the Talmage building with all my courses and math/cs labs.
There's some insight to how I became a BYU Cougar.

No comments:

Post a Comment