Friday, November 12, 2010

Neopets!

So I realized that I haven't done much "Create" digital labs. I looked around for different things I could create online but didn't find many that were of much interest. Then, I suddenly remembered...NEOPETS!
Note: I have not played this game in YEARS but even after years of inactivity, I signed back on and had the time of my life and probably wasted precious homework time to play the games to gain neopoints. Well worth it.
Neopets is a website where users can create these "neopets" that are basically weirdified versions of real-life animals.





Above is the home page of Neopets. If you click "Login to Neopets" in the top right corner area, it will take you to a page like....



As you can see, on the left side, it is for those that wish to sign up (you get 2,500 FREE neopoints! woo!). The right side is for the returning players.

If you sign up, the directions are super easy to follow. The best part is getting to choose your neopet!


 As you can see, there are many choices. And you can even choose where they live, what they like to do, how they greet others... It's fun!


And now, the BEST part and the whole reason for even signing up...the games!



 There's a plethora of games of all types. And there's even instant gratification...neopoints!
Which in Neopia (the neopets world) is money. And you can use it to buy anything! And hopefully..as most neopets user wish to...one day you will become a NEOMILLIONAIRE! And everybody in the neopian world wants to be your friend.

I showed neopets to a bunch of random people in the library. They laughed but had a good time seeing the different aspects to neopets. They thought it was actually pretty cool little kids had to "work" to get their "money". Something analogous to the "real world".

So that's neopets. The world of useless fun.

Another note: My maturity should not be put to question as this blog post may seem to suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment