Friday, October 22, 2010

Contagious

So last night I was in the "No Shhh" Zone of the HBLL with some friends studying.
All of a sudden, a guy a few feet away at a computer started laughing. For the first few moments, no one paid much attention. But after about 3 minutes, people started noticing. Note: it was not any normal "ha ha ha" it was hysterical wheezing like "hee hee hee haw haw haw!"
After about 5 minutes, EVERYONE in the library was looking at this guy and laughing along. No one was really sure but his laugh was so contagious that no one could help but laugh too. It was probably one of the best moments of my life. Everyone was in hysterics laughing along with this guy even though they had no clue what he was laughing about. Although almost no one knew each other, we all joined together through laughter.

My friend and I were sitting in a spot where we could see what was on his screen.
What was he dying of laughter from?


-----> A Picture of a Puppy.


This made me think of the quote, "Everyone smiles in the same language."
An entire room of strangers were able to connect through just laughter. It was such a memorable experience. My friends and I talked about it even 3 hours after it happened.
So people ask how we can connect with other people, societies, or even governments..
just laugh!


4 comments:

  1. Wow awesome story! I love laughing! =) I especially liked you line that you put right before the "read more" it had me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post! I think laughter will improve people's health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the library when that happened, too! I had no idea what he was looking at, though. That is absolutely hilarious that everyone was in hysterics over that puppy picture. The whole situation was just great. Serendipity is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like cute little kids laughing together... I have four of my own and they're always laughing and playing and kissing and hugging... Usually they're super excited to see me come home... I can't stand it! so, if anyone's interested, I know its a down economy, I'll sell 'em cheap.

    ReplyDelete