Monday, October 4, 2010

Dii would like to GO!

So I've decided to make this Digital Lab post on Diigo since it was a totally new web tool to me.
Here's a video that diigo has to introduce you to it's website.


Diigo V5: Collect and Highlight, Then Remember! from diigobuzz on Vimeo.

Diigo allows us to bookmark, highlight, and add sticky notes to any web page. Because all this information is added to the 'cloud' , it allows us to access the web pages we have bookmarked AND it will still contain all the highlights/sticky notes added.
I have found this comes in mighty useful when doing research and I need to keep tabs on what sources I have visited.
Personal Example:
I have a paper for my Book of Mormon class that needs educational sources. As I have searched throughout the web for these sources, I've found that rather having 50 different tabs open, I can just bookmark them to diigo and life is MUCH simpler.
I introduced Diigo to my roommate, Katie. She was very excited when I told her about how she could keep all of her web pages bookmarked and could go back to them later. Like me, she had always kept multiple tabs open to remember her sources. It has completely changed both of our methods at source tracking.
I must say, Diigo is an AMAZING tool. I didn't think I'd be using it much, but I have found that it keeps things much more organized.
So, go Diigo go!

2 comments:

  1. I've noticed how many interesting and relevant bookmarks you've added to our Digital Civilization group on Diigo. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting. I may have to try it sometime. Thank you for the information on this website.

    ReplyDelete