Monday, October 11, 2010

Open the Box


I have recently discovered Pandora radio. It is an internet radio that allows the user to type in an artist or song or genre she likes and it will generate a radio station with songs that are related to what was typed in.
Above is a screen-shot of my current radio station. I originally typed in Michael Buble and it generated other songs that it thought I would enjoy such as "Brown Eyed Girl".
The idea of Pandora internet radio was to create an in-depth analysis of music and bring together songs not by their titled genre but by what the songs sound like themselves. They call it The Music Genome Project®.
What I also love about Pandora is that you don't HAVE to listen to what they give you. You can always change it to a different song that you'd like to listen to just by searching for it.

I introduced this internet radio to my roommate Katie and she absolutely loved it. She likes to listen to "oldies" and she didn't like listening to the radio before since she couldn't find stations that played music she liked. Now, she just types in whatever she likes into Pandora and she's got a great list of music she enjoys listening to.

Pandora gives me much joy. Instead of having to find songs I like on Youtube or listening to my small playlist of music I'm in the mood for, Pandora does it all for me. It's great! I highly recommend Pandora to everyone

2 comments:

  1. I remember watching Pandora evolve over time. There was a time when you weren't restricted to how many times you could skip a song within an hour duration. If I need to do another lab in this category, I'll do a write up on a similar site but better (in my opinion). It's called grooveshark.com. Check it out when you can. It's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love pandora! I have discovered some of my favorite artists through pandora, and now you can check them out on the widget on my blog! It's only let me down once--there's no He is We music on Pandora. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete