Thursday, October 14, 2010

What 'd Ya Say?

So I'm sure many people have used language translators before but the best one that I've used is Google Translator.



I'm currently mentoring an 8th grader boy who only speaks Mandarin. Although I have grown up speaking Mandarin in my home, I can not compare to someone that has lived in China their entire life until very recently. I'm helping him in history since he cannot read English and does not understand what his teacher says.
There are a few words that I was unable to translate, but I headed straight to Google translate and he understood immediately after just typing a word or phrase in.

It really is amazing how quickly, efficiently, and, most importantly, correctly online translators are becoming.

As I showed Ching, the 8th grader, how to go about using Google translate, he realized this would help him greatly when trying to read any of his lessons. He is a brilliant kid and only lacks in the knowledge of the English language.

There are 48 languages available for users to translate. With a wide variety, anyone in the world can use Google Translate with ease. You can even translate websites! This tool is extremely useful and I've used it many times throughout the years and have seen how it has changed and evolved to what it is today.

Another reason Google is supreme over Yahoo.

1 comment:

  1. That's way awesome! And sounds fun, to be mentoring a kid. :) And FYI... Google owns Yahoo. :) So yes, Google will always be supreme.

    ReplyDelete